Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 15 minutes, plus time for spray paint to dry
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. Divide the pinecones into three groups, placing 4-5 pinecones in each group.
2. Place the first group of pinecones on a piece of cardboard and spray them with the white spray paint.
Tip: Depending on how your pinecones are laying, you may need to move them around a bit to cover the entire surface with spray paint. If you can’t cover the entire surface, you may just need to add extra coats, flipping the pinecones over with each new coat. Aim the spray paint nozzle from the top of the pinecone down, then from the bottom of the pinecone up to make sure you’re getting between each layer.
3. Allow the pinecones to dry, then add a second coat of paint.
4. Place the second group of pinecones on the cardboard and spray them with the turquoise spray paint.
5. Allow the pinecones to dry, then add a second coat of paint.
6. Place the third group of pinecones on the cardboard and spray them with the ocean blue spray paint.
7. Allow the pinecones to dry, then add a second coat of paint.
8. Gather all the pinecones together. Place them randomly in a glass vase, bowl, or other container to display.