Who doesn’t have old socks or a pile of mismatched socks laying around? Inspired by Feeling Nifty, you can easily turn these into a fun Easter craft and make bunnies out of them. It’s a simple and fun project for all ages!
Things to do:
1. Place the sock over the edge of a cup to help open it up for easy filling.
2. Fill with your grain of choice. For me, I filled it a bit more than half way. Depending on how ‘roly’ you want your bunny.
3. Take a rubber band to twist and seal off the filling.
4. Make your head and body shape by placing another rubber band mid body.
5. Use another rubber band to make a small tail.
6. Make the ears by first deciding how floppy you wish to have them be. To make them more floppy, do not cut much off the top, to stand up more, shorten the length. Once the leftover part of the sock at top is the desired length, cut the sock down the middle. Then shape the ears, possibly cutting them slightly at the top for an angle and the look you want.
7. Draw on your eyes, nose and even whiskers if you would like.
8. *Optional, using ribbon to tie a bow around your bunnies neck.
– Daneen Doggett-Wolfe