Add this showy felt sunflower to a special package or secure to a stiff backing and add a barrette for a large hair clip for photo shoot. This fabulous flower takes time to craft, but it’s worth it!
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 10+
Things you’ll need:
2 yellow felt sheets
Hot glue gun
Large black button
A cup or bowl approximately 4″ round
Things to do:
1. Trace and cut the circle and cut squares as follows: Cut 16 two-inch squares, 12 one-and-one-half inch squares, and 8 one-inch squares. Warm up your hot glue gun.
2. Fold two corners of your large square and glue in place as shown. Glue the corners and glue the flap to the square, so it’s flat.
3. Repeat for all the large squares.
4. Repeat for the smaller squares.
5. Cut off the bottom of each piece so one side is pointed and the other is flat, as shown.
6. Glue the large petals around the circle.
7. Repeat with the smaller petals.
8. Finally, add the smallest petals.
9. Glue the black button into the middle.