Create a whimsical look, with this adorable, easy to make fawn inspired headband. Great for children and adults alike!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 1 hr
Age range: 12+
Things to do:
1. Cut felt strips to cover your headband. The length and amount will depend on the width of your headband, and how tightly you wrap the felt. Tip: For some extra cuteness, use a different colored piece of felt at the bottom tips of your headband.
2. Attach the end of your first felt strip to the bottom of your headband, and begin wrapping. No more hot glue is required until the end of your strip. Wrap your strips tightly, as to prevent your headband from peeking through. Once you come to the end of your strip, use hot glue to attach. Continue this until your headband is covered.
3. Create your ears. The size and shape, are entirely up to you. Draw out your first ear, cut it out, and trace it on to your felt, to create a matching pair.
4. Once you have your ears cut out, and any additional pieces you wish to add, glued on your ears, attach your ears to your headband using hot glue. You may wish to use a ruler to perfectly position your ears. You can also cup your ears forward to create a more realistic look. (see photo for visual)
5. Optional: Add flowers. Use sprays of faux florals and hot glue to attach them together and to your headband. Using wire is also an option, but this may be uncomfortable. Be sure and add a small piece of felt to the area in which you glued or wired your flowers, to keep everything comfortable.
Tip: Use a small piece of felt to create “fur”. Pull the felt apart and shape your fur as you see fit. This requires a bit of force and effort.