Bring the outdoors inside with this fun project! Collect leaves on vacation and save the memories forever or gather leaves outdoors in different varieties and have a plethora of shapes and sizes to choose from!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
- Gather a few different large leaves. I used a hydrangea leaf for this video.
- Cut off a piece of air dry clay and roll it into a thin layer on a piece of wax paper.
- Press the leaf onto the clay and use a rolling pin over it to transfer the impression.
- Remove the leaf and cut around the edge of the impression with a sharp knife. Remove any excess clay.
- Carefully roll up sections around the edges of the leaf to create movement.
- Peel the leaf off of the waxed paper and lay it on a cooling rack to dry for 24 hours.
- When the leaf is completely hardened, use a nail file to smooth out any rough edges.
- Paint your leaf with acrylic paint of your choice.
- Coat with clear coat spray and let it cry completely before using your dish.