Hang some rustic-style love on the holiday tree with this burlap poinsettia. Use caution with the hot glue on the burlap, so you don’t burn your fingers! But the result is elegant and refreshing.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Cut a piece of the burlap about 3″ long into a wide leaf shape as shown.
2. Continue cutting more – 6-10 pieces to make the flower desired. Warm up your hot glue gun.
3. Fold each leaf as shown and glue.
4. Cut a 2″ or smaller circle from felt.
5. Cut a small hole in the center of the felt.
6. Fold the stamens in half and glue in the center, pressing the wire to the back side.
7. Start gluing the leaves to the felt.
8. Continue gluing more leaves to the felt. Make sure the stamens remain visible.
9. Glue a loop of the twine to the back. To make the back of the ornament neater, cover the back with another circle of felt.