Indulge your sweet tooth whenever you like by adding a few felt cupcakes into your decor. These simple to make treats won’t mess up the kitchen or heat up the house, but the best part is, you can enjoy them without gaining an ounce.
Things to do:
1. Lay the baking cup on top of the felt you’ll be using for the cupcake top and trace. Then, cut the aluminum baking cup in two by slicing down the side and around the base. Watch out for sharp edges!
3. Use a running stitch to sew the side seam together.
4. Embellish the cupcake’s top however you like. Add charms or button sprinkles”, or shape strips of puckered ribbon or felt into luscious streams of whipped cream.
5. Use a buttonhole stitch to secure the cupcake’s top to the side. Start at the seam where you sewed the sides together so you’ll have all finishing stitches on the same edge.
6. Stuff until the cupcake holds its shape, and then sew on the bottom.
Pile a heaping mound of felt cupcakes onto a platter and display as a colorful centerpiece, add a hanging loop to make an ornament, or stuff them til’ they’re almost rock-hard and use as pincushions. Make these crafty confections as a sweet addition to your home decor, or share them with family and friends.
Felt Cupcakes from: Felt Food Feast