This is a perfect craft to display your children’s hand prints at this very moment in time (and make another at the end of the year to see how they have grown!). It would also be a great whole family project with a grownup’s elephant hand in the lead and the kids following behind.
Things to do:
1. Coat the largest persons right hand with grey paint and press down onto the paper so that the fingertips are near the top, right hand corner.
2. Repeat with smaller hands, stretching the thumb up slightly toward the next hand in line (So that the trunk” can reach out and grab the tail” of the elephant in front).
3. Add a tail to each elephant.
4. Mix a little black into the gray to darken it and paint a large ear on each elephant. Finish by adding a small black dot to each elephant for an eye.
5. Allow the paint to dry before displaying (you can also add a sun or background to the painting, a great project for the kids!)