Holiday parties are just around the corner and that means it’s time to get your holiday gear ready to wear! This little mini lightbulb necklace is super cute, glass free (so much safer) and fun to make. Customize it with your favorite colors or make a rainbow to match that crazy Christmas sweater! The sky’s the limit!
Difficulty level: Moderate
Time required: 30 minutes plus dry time
Things to do:
1. Cut a length of twine about 3 inches longer than you want your necklace to be.
2. Using proper safety precautions, drill a hole where the bulb meets the threads on each bulb.
3. On a covered work surface, paint the bulb part of each lightbulb with two coats of craft paint, allowing each to dry before adding the next.
4. Once the paint is dry, use the marker (silver or black looks great!) color in the threads, leaving the inner sides if the threads uncolored so that you can see them.
5. Tie a knot near one end of the twine where you want the first bulb. Slide the bulb onto the twine until it butts up against the knot. Carefully knot the string on the other side of the bulb. Repeat the process, evenly spacing the bulbs out across the twine.
6. Tie the ends together to finish the necklace.