Vintage-inspired home decor has never looked so good! This macrame planter can be created with different colors of beads and string to complement your personal style. Make several plant hangers and display your garden in a fresh, trendy way.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 30 Minutes
Age range: 13 and Up
Things to do:
1. The first step is measuring out five lengths of jute. The pieces should be approximately 2 yards long.
2. Fold the pieces of jute in half and tie a knot at the top, leaving a 1-inch loop to hang the planter from.
3. Separate the jute into 5 groups of 2 lengths of jute.
4. Slide a bead onto two pieces of jute and knot the strings to hold it in place. Repeat this step until all 5 groups of jute have a bead tied in place.
5. The next step is creating new groups of 2. Make a net shape by combining different pieces of jute and securing them with a bead. Continue doing this until all lengths of jute have a new group. Repeat this step several times until you’ve created a net that is large enough to support your potted plant.
6. Once you’ve added as many beads as you want to, tie a knot at the bottom of the jute.
7. Trim the ends and slip your potted plant inside.