Take an old container and turn it into a beautiful vase, sure to bring joy to any table setting or just everyday around the house.
Things you’ll need:
Jug/Container/Bottle (I went with the milk container I liked the shape of)
Twine, jute, yarn, or string of your choosing
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Flowers (faux or real)
Things to do:
1. I decided to use twine as my vase covering. I used different sizes of twine and even braided some of it towards the top so I could really play with texture on my vase.
2. I started at the base of my milk jug and glued the start or the twine. I found that gluing every couple of inches worked best to make sure my rows stayed in place and even.
3. Once I finished my first roll of twine, I switched to a smaller size and continued up until about the beginning of the neck of the bottle. You can use all once size twine, you can mix medias, whatever you would like.
4. Once to the neck, I braided the smaller twine for a different look.
5. I then wanted to make a decorative accent piece, which became a swirl. I simply started to spin the twine, gluing on the back side to help keep the shape.
6. I finished my vase off with some faux flowers from our site, as we do not have any real flowers blooming here in Ohio yet I could use. Simple, easy and makes a great statement piece.
– Daneen Doggett-Wolfe