Dress up your desk storage with this rope and tassel basket! It’s the perfect size for storing pencils or scissors and looks super cute in any workspace.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 15 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. Use hot glue to attach a piece of braided jute rope to the edge of the can. Wrap the entire surface, securing the rope occasionally with hot glue.
2. Next, cut 6″ pieces of yarn for your tassels. You’ll need 10 pieces for every tassel.
3. Wrap the yarn around the can two times and glue it in place. Slide the tassel bundle on the yarn and wrap around the center and fold it in half to secure it in place.
4. Tie a piece of yarn around the bundle 1″ from the fold and tuck the ends into the tassel.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 until all of your tassel are attached.