Wreaths are such a fun way to add a little bit of holiday cheer. Make a cute turkey wreath to hang on your front door or to decorate a room inside your home.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 2 hours
Age range: 8+
Things to do:
1. Wrap the wreath with brown tulle several times, until you are satisfied with the shade of brown. Keep the tulle smooth when wrapping it to avoid an uneven texture of the finished wreath.
2. Cut a tear drop shape for the turkey’s “snood” and glue it to the side of the wreath.
3. Cut a triangular shape for the turkey’s beak and glue it on the wreath, slightly overlapping the red felt.
4. Glue the google eyes in place, just above and slightly overlapping the beak.
5. Cut several strips of tulle about 6 inches long. Line the red, yellow, and orange tulle up and cut the three at the same time.
6. Using three strips (one of each color) at the same time, begin tying the strips of tulle around the wreath, opposite the face.
7. Continue tying strips of tulle on the side of the wreath for a couple inches, to create a full turkey tail.