Anyone who knows me knows that I’m a big fan of banners and buntings, they are all over my house! I can never have too many. And while I love, of course, the traditional triangle shaped banner and its many variations, this streamer fringe banner is my new favorite! Perfect for summer parties, these look best layered together with a couple of colors for a nice, thick finished fringe!
Difficulty level: easy
Time required: 5 minutes per layer
Things you’ll need:
Streamers, in several complimentary colors
Things to do:
1. Decide how long you want your banner to be. Don’t forget to account for some drape in the center when deciding on length.
2. Cut a piece of streamer to this length.
3. Fold the section in half, and then in half again. Repeat until you have a workable length of streamer.
4. Using your scissors, cut 3/4 of the way up the streamer at the folded ends.
5. Cut the same amount, leaving the top edge connected, every 1.4 inch or so along the length of your folded streamer.
6. Unfold and check to see if you missed any areas in the fold.
7. Repeat with several more lengths of streamer.
8. Hang together so that the layers overlap slightly as they drape across your space.