I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream and ice cream themed parties! Create an adorable, yet simple, ice cream cone party hat for ice cream themed parties, photo shoots or just to add a little sweetness to your life.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 30 mins
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Make a template for your hat, lightweight cardboard works well for this. Measure down 8 inches on two sides ( this is for a smaller, typical sized party hat, adjust depending on head size ) and then connected those points with a curved line.Using a plate helps create a nice curved line, and keeps it simple. You can create a tab on your template, but this isn’t necessary.
2. Trace the shape onto your sheet of felt.
3. Cut out the felt. Glue along the straight edge and shape the hat, gluing the edges together.
4. Use your ruler and marker to create your cone print, using intersecting lines.
5. Using hot glue, glue your pom pom balls on to the base of your hat.
6. If you so choose, attach elastic to each side of your hat, to create a chin strap.