Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 30 minutes
Age range: 8 and up, with adult supervision required for glue gun
Things to do:
1. Place the heart cookie cutter on the leather scrap. Using your tracing tool of choice, trace the heart onto the leather.
2. Cut out the leather heart.
3. Using the glue gun and starting with the largest rhinestones, create an outline around the outside of the heart, gluing rhinestones to the leather one at a time. You may find it easiest to add a dot of glue to the leather, then place the rhinestone on top (rather than trying to place the glue directly on the rhinestone).
4. Continue around the outside of the heart until you have filled in all the edges.
5. Begin filling in the center of the heart using a mix of both small and large rhinestone sizes.
6. Continue to fill in the holes until the entire heart is covered with rhinestones.
Tip: When you are almost finished filling in the heart, you may want to place a few rhinestones on the heart to test their placement before gluing. This can just ensure you don’t have any large gaps.
7. When you are happy with your rhinestones, flip over the heart. Glue a pin back to the leather.