I love pompoms! Really I’m happy to have them all over the place so these cute little bookmarks make me so happy! These make great gifts for kids to give to their friends and are a fun way to use up scrap yarn. You can use any weight of yarn for these, just make sure you get an adequate amount of bulk when you wrap before cutting.
Difficulty level: Moderate
Time required: 15 minutes
Things to do:
1. Wrap the yarn around three fingers until you have a nice, bulky bundle. The more yarn you use, the bulkier your pompom will be.
2. Cut an extra piece of yarn about a foot long.
3. Carefully slip the yarn bundle off your fingers and tie right down the middle tightly with the extra piece of yarn.
4. Cut the loops on either side of the bundle.
5. Roll the bundle in your hands to round it up a little and then use your scissors to trim into an even ball, being careful not to trim the longer yarn from the tie.
6. Thread the longer tails through the yarn needle and wrap through the top loop of a paper clip and then up through the pompom several times until the clip is tightly secured to the pompom. Tie off and trim the excess yarn.