Turn simple twinkle lights into an extraordinary string of lanterns with this cool box light project! While the boxes are a little time consuming to create in bulk, they can be placed here and there on a string of lights or you can have them cover all the bulbs. While we used ordinary printer paper for this project, origami paper would offer the opportunity to create colorful lanterns.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 5 minutes per box
Things to do:
1. Fold the paper to create a perfect square if you are using regular paper.
2. Once you have a square, fold the paper diagonally both ways. Open up and fold the square in half.
3. Fold the rectangle in half again and turn so you have a diamond with the folded edges down.
4. Fold the wings of the diamond in toward the center on one side then repeat on the other.
5. Tuck the single layer flaps into the folded wings on each side.
6. Blow into the open end to inflate the balloon.
7. Slip the light into the hole on the balloon and push it all the way up to the wire.