Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 2 hours plus drying time.
Age range: 10+ with adult supervision
Things you need:
Red Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
Fuchsia Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
Cameo Pink Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
Blush Pink Extra Fine Glitter
Bubblegum Pink Extra Fine Glitter
Garnet Extra Fine Glitter
Things to do:
1. Heat up the glue gun
2. Align the wine corks in a heart shape on a drawn or printed off heart shape. If you would like to make your heart in a more perfect shape, then trace heart onto a piece of cardboard, then glue the corks directly to the cardboard. I wanted more imperfect heart shape.
3. With hot glue, glue together the front two pieces of the heart.
4. Continue glueing the rounded top heart pieces to each side of the two front pieces.
5. Then glueing along the edges of the heart, loosely following the drawn or printed off heart. Start adding pieces to the inside of the heart.
6. Continue filling in heart with wine corks, then end when the heart corks in a point.
7. Paint the bottom third of the wine corks with red paint.
8. Paint the middle corks with the fuschia paint.
9. Paint the top corks with the cameo pink paint
10. Brush Mod Podge onto a few of the painted red wine corks.
11. Over a paper lined container, generously pour the garnet glitter over the Mod Podge. Shake off excess glitter.
12. Fold the piece of paper in half and pour the excess glitter back into the container.
13. Randomly choose a few of the fuschia painted corks and brush on Mod Podge. Then pour on the bubblegum glitter. Shake off excess glitter, then pour excess glitter back into the container.
14. Randomly choose a few of the cameo pink painted corks and brush on Mod Podge. Then pour on the blush pink glitter. Shake off excess glitter, then pour excess glitter back into the container.