Ditch that boring rectangle of tissues for a rustic mason jar tissue holder! Mix up the color by using different scraps of dish towels or fabric napkins.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time to complete: 1 hour (includes drying time)
Age range: 10+
[mason jar tissue holder horizontal main.jpg] and [mason jar tissue holder vertical main.jpg]
Things you’ll need:
Clear pint mason jar
Check dish towel
White acrylic paint
Fray check liquid
Things to do:
1. Paint the mason jar. Allow to dry, then paint a second coat.
2. Cut a square of the dish towel so it’s about 1/2 ” wider on all sides than the lid.
3. Cut a slit in the square of fabric as shown.
4. Use Fray Check around the slit so that it doesn’t unravel with use.
5. Add tissues to the jar and slip through the top, then close the lid.