Celebrate the happy couple with a homemade banner. This adorable decor looks great at an engagement party, highlighting the guests of honor in a unique way. Mix and match different colors and patterns of cardstock to create the perfect look.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 1 Hour
Age range: 12 and Up
Things to do:
1. The first step is making a pattern for your banner. Cut a 2-inch x 3-inch rectangle and cut a triangle out of the end.
2. Trace the pattern onto your decorative cardstock and cut out the shapes. For a “Future Mr. & Mrs.” banner, you’ll need to cut three shapes out of four different kinds of cardstock and four shapes out of one decorative piece of cardstock.
3. Trace the letters F-U-T-U-R-E M-R & M-R-S” onto the shapes. Use a sharpie for a bold look.
4. Punch two holes in the top of all of your shapes.
5. String the letters onto a piece of jute. You can put all the letters on one piece, or split them up between two different pieces of jute.
6. Tie a knot at the end of the jute, creating a hanger.