If you love the look of the increasingly popular succulent monogram, but don’t have a green thumb, give this simple faux succulent monogram a try!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 1 hour
Age range: 12+
Things to do:
1. Remove the cardboard from the face of your letter. This can be done by simply sticking your scissors into the cardboard near the edge of the letter, where it meets the sides. Once you have a small opening, the cardboard should easily peel away.
2. Determine what size pieces of floral foam will best fit your letter, and cut the foam into pieces ( for this, you can use your scissors, or a knife if you prefer ). This does not have to be precise, and is incredibly simple.
3. Wedge your pieces inside of the letter. The foam will mold to fit for the most part, and small empty spaces are fine. You can choose to wedge your pieces tightly, or hot glue your pieces to the inside of the cardboard as you go.
4. Once your foam is secured, begin placing your succulents, or flowers in the positions that you would like and best fit your letter. Depending on your preference, and how well your succulents stay inside of the floral foam, decides whether or not you choose to secure your faux plants with hot glue.
5. Optional** You can also choose to decorate the sides of your cardboard letter with any type of embellishment you wish.