This fabric flower barrette is easy to make, and requires only basic sewing skills. It can be made with either 5 or 6 petals, depending on the look you’re trying to achieve. We’ve attached it to a barrette, but you can also attach it to headband or a pinback.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Cut 5 or 6 pieces of the towel into 1 1/2 ” wide by 3 1/2 ” long strips.
2. Fold the strips in half. Thread your needle and knot one end of the thread.
3. Using a medium-sized running stitch, stitch the raw edges of one of the folded strips as shown. Don’t clip your thread.
4. Repeat for another piece of folded fabric, adding it to the same piece of thread. Continue to chain the remaining pieces on in the same manner.
5. Pull the thread so that the pieces gather together.
6. Sew the last strip on the chain with the first one, in a circle, tie off the thread and clip. Warm up your hot glue gun.
7. Glue a large button to the middle.
8. Add a smaller button on top of the larger one.
9. Glue the barrette to the back of the fabric flower.