This spring chick is easy to make and simply adorable! Children will love receiving this themed treat bag. Make several of them and display them at your next party or put them in your children’s Easter baskets to add a personal touch.
Time to complete: 10 Minutes
Difficulty level: Beginner
Age range: 10 and Up
Things to do:
1. The first step is making a pattern for the base of the project. This heart shape is sturdy enough to hold up your treat bag, and it looks adorable! I’ve found that the easiest way to make this pattern is to cut a square that is 2 3/4 inches, fold it in half and cut a half heart shape out. For the wings, cut a 2″ by 3/4″ half circle.
2. Trace your patterns onto a piece of yellow foam and cut them out.
3. Fill a plastic bag with an assortment of candy. Fill the bag until it reaches your desired height. Fold the top of the bag over and tape it down so the zipper doesn’t show on the sides.
4. Use a hot glue gun to attach the candy-filled bag to the heart base.
5. The next step is creating the head of the chick. Put a little hot glue at the tip of the beak and attach it to the pompom. Hot glue wiggly eyes to the pompom. Once you’ve added the facial features, simply attach the head to the treat bag using hot glue.
6. Hot glue the wings to the side of the chick.
7. To finish the project, tie a bow out of ribbon and hot glue it the front of the chick and enjoy!