Jellyfish are at times beautiful and also whimsical. This jellyfish is perfect for an older child’s room – wouldn’t it be fun to make several of these and hang them, pretending to be in an underwater paradise?
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 45 minutes
Age range: 10+
Things you’ll need:
Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Needle and thread
Things to do:
1. Cut your styrofoam ball in half. Trace this onto a piece of felt, and cut out the circle.
2. Decide the length of ribbon needed to cover the top of the ball, as shown. Cut 7-8 pieces this length. Pin the first in place.
3. Pin the second piece of ribbon as shown.
4. Finish until the styrofoam is covered.
5. Hot glue the pom poms around the edge of the styrofoam.
6. Cover the bottom with the felt.
7. Cut your ribbons into 24″ pieces.
8. Fold the ribbons in half and pin them in the center to the bottom of the styrofoam. You will have to use 2-3 pins.
9. Use the needle and thread to add a hanger to the top of the jellyfish.