Fall is in full bloom! This vibrant, sunflower wreath is a lovely addition to your front door, adding color and personality.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
- Trace around the outside of your wire wreath form onto a piece of felt and cut out the shape.
- Trace around the inside of the wire wreath form onto a piece of stiff plastic canvas and cut out the shape.
- Cut six 12″ x 10″ pieces of green mesh for your leaves.
- Take opposite corners of the mesh, fold them into the center and gather it tightly, creating a leaf. Attach the leaf to the outer wire on the wreath form using a pipe cleaner and adjust it outward. Repeat this step until the entire outer wire is covered in leaves.
- Cut thirty-five 10″ x 10″ squares of yellow mesh.
- Repeat your folding and pinching method to attach the yellow pieces to the wreath form. They should be positioned over the green leaves first and then fill in the entire wreath form.
- Cut a long piece of brown mesh, this will become the center of your sunflower. Start by bunching up one end and securing it with a zip tie onto an edge of the plastic canvas circle. Continue zigzagging up and down the canvas circle and securing the edges with zip ties until the entire canvas is covered.
- Use zip ties to attach the plastic canvas circle to the wreath frame, creating the center of your sunflower.
- Fluff out your petals and trim any loose threads.
- Secure a piece of felt to the back of your wreath frame to protect your door.