Cinnamon is the perfect scent for winter. Warm and soft and delicious, it screams the holidays and leaves your house smelling wonderful for hours. These cinnamon stick candles are as yummy smelling as they are pretty, perfect for winter table settings or rustic mantle displays.
Difficulty level: Moderate
Time required: 30 minutes
Things to do:
1. Melt the wax in your double boiler.
2. Once melted, pout a small amount of wax into the bottom of the votive.
3. Lay the cinnamon sticks around the edge of the glass, the small amount of wax will help hold it in place. Sink the wick into the center of the wax as well.
4. Once the wax had hardened a little, fill most of the rest of the way up the votive.
5. Using a pencil or dowel, wrap the excess wick around it and balance it so the wick is centered while the wax hardens.
6. If you get a depression in the wax near the wick, you’ll need to do a second pour to fill the hole and add a thin layer of wax to the top for best appearance.
7. Allow the wax to harden and then trim the wick to about 1/4 inch above the wax.