Keep your keys organized in style with these playful, bohemian keychains! You can mix and match different colors of embroidery floss to create fun patterns or use your friend’s favorite hues to create a thoughtful gift.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 10 Minutes
Age range: 10 and Up
Things to do:
1. Cut an 8-inch piece of macrame cord and fold it in half.
2. The next step is covering your macrame base with colorful embroidery floss. Start with your darkest color and knot it around your macrame 1-inch from the top. Apply hot glue 1/2 inch down the macrame pieces and wrap the embroidery floss around until you can’t see the macrame cord. When you reach the end of your length, apply hot glue to secure the end and trim any excess.
3. Repeat step 2 with a lighter shade of embroidery floss.
4. Repeat step 2 with the lightest shade of embroidery floss, covering another 1/2 inch.
5. Attach your key ring to the loop at the top of your keychain.