Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 2 hours plus paint drying time.
Age range: Adults
Things you’ll need:
Stained “Grateful” Wood Word Sign
Unfinished Wood Pallet Sign
Natural Wood Sola Sunflowers
Unfinished Wood Fall Cutouts
Chestnut Brown Extra Fine Glitter
Gold Faux Pearl Beads
Brown Burlap Table Runner
Copper Glitter Artificial Maple Leaves
Old Gold Brush ‘N Leaf Exterior Metallic Paint
Burnt Umber Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
Southwest Sunset Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint Set
Things to do:
1. Paint the Unfinished Wood Pallet sign with the Burnt Umber Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint.
2. Repeat coats of Burnt Umber Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint until desired color has been reached. I used 2 coats.
3. Paint the Grateful Wood Sign with the Old Gold Brush ‘N Leaf Metallic Paint. Be sure not to drink or eat while using this paint and wash hands thoroughly after use, as paint does contain copper. One coat of paint was sufficient.
4. Using the Southwest Sunset Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint Set, paint the Natural Wood Sola Sunflowers. Start by painting the back of the flower first. Allow paint to dry.
5. Then, paint the front the flower. Allow paint to completely dry.
6. Continue painting the flowers with the other colors in the Southwest Sunset Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint Set. I painted some with just the petals of the flower and some just the interior of the flower. Feel free to mix it up and have some fun with it.
7. With the Territorial Beige Paint from the Southwest Sunset Paint Set, paint the body of the wooden acorn with two coats of paint. Start from the top edge and paint towards the bottom. Allow paint to completely dry.
8. Start painting the top of the acorn, by starting at the edge where the paints meet. Then paint upwards towards the top, using the Old Gold ‘N Leaf Metallic Paint. Only one coat is needed. Allow to dry completely.
9. Cut the brown Burlap Table runner to the size desired to cover part of the wooden pallet sign. Fray check along the edges may also help the burlap table runner from fraying.
10. Once you have the brown burlap centered on the front, carefully flip the wooden pallet over. Place a line of hot glue down the back of the wooden pallet sign.
11. Fold the burlap table runner over the edge tightly. Gently press down and allow glue to dry. Repeat on opposite side.
12. Once the hot glue has thoroughly dried on the back, flip the wooden pallet back over. Place some glue on the back of the grateful wooden sign. Then in the center, place the grateful sign down onto the burlap. Press down tightly for about 30 seconds.
13. Place a piece of hot glue on the back of 4 copper glitter leaves, then place one leaf in each corner of the pallet.
14. Before glueing on the rest of the decor to the wooden plank, arrange everything as desired. I changed my mind a few times, before I made my final decision on the layout.
15. Once you have chosen a layout, start glueing down the pieces, by placing a small amount of hot glue on the back of each item.
16. When gluing down the faux gold pearls, make sure the two holes on each side are facing the sides, so no holes show from the front of the sign.
17. Repeat until all items are glued onto the wooden pallet.
Voila! You now have your own DIY Autumn Grateful Sign.