These clothespin angels add a lovely, handmade touch to your holiday decor. Add string to the back and hang them as ornaments or run ribbon through the clothespin to create a present topper.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 15 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
- Paint hair on your wood doll head.
- Color the bottom 1/2 ” of the clothespin black to look like feet.
- Wrap white yarn around the clothespin to make the body. Tie a knot in the back to hold the yarn in place.
- Glue a short piece of the boa around the center of the clothespin to make the angel’s tutu.
- Make a pair of angel wings by folding a piece of felt in half and cutting a 2″ wide half heart shape.
- Glue 3 1/2 ” of chenille wire on the back of the clothespin and glue the heart shape on the back of the wire.
- Push the head onto the top of the clothespin and draw on the eyes in black and the mouth in red.
- Make a little loop with the chenille wire to create a halo.