Summer is coming and for my family that means there will be lots of eating out of doors. To get ready for the warmer weather, I’m setting up a few things to make dining outside easier to organize, including these cute little utensil jars. Load them directly from the dishwasher and have them ready to go in a cupboard for hassle free al fresco dining.
Things to do:
1. Cut silverware shapes out of your contact paper, making sure that each will fit onto your jars as you go.
2. Smooth one cut out onto each jar. Cut strips from the remaining contact paper and wrap the rim of each jar with it to block it from paint as well.
2. On a covered work surface and in a well-ventilated area, spray three thin coats of paint onto the jars, allowing each to dry before applying the next.
3. Peel the contact paper away to reveal the shapes on the jar.
4. Cut circles of felt to fit the bottom of each jar and glue in place. This will help keep them from sliding around or banging onto tables.