Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 1 hour, including drying time
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. Paint two coats of acrylic paint onto the wooden egg. Allow the paint to dry between coats.
2. Using the black paint pen, cover the entire egg with angled lines. These don’t have to be perfect, so don’t worry about placement.
3. Using tissue paper, cut 7 circles that are about 3/4″ in diameter. Again, these do not have to be perfect circles.
4. Add a dot of hot glue to the center of one circle.
5. Immediately layer another tissue paper circle on top of the glue dot.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 until you have layered all 7 circles.
7. Fold the circles into the center, creasing it in four angles.
8. Carefully unfold the layers, using your fingers to ruffle the sides so that they look like a flower.
9. Hot glue the flower to the top of the cactus.
10. Add river pebbles to the terra cotta pot, filling up about 3/4 of the pot.
11. Place the cactus inside the pot with the flat bottom facing the pebbles. Begin adding pebbles to the sides of the pot to fill it in.