Popsicles aren’t just for kids crafts! Use up some of those rolls of washi tape you’ve been collecting by making these cute coasters!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time required: 1-2 hours
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Glue three popsicles together in a “stack”. Repeat until you have three stacks of three. Set aside.
2. Take a single popsicle stick and press a strip of washi tape to the top of the stick.
3. Trim the tape around the edges of the popsicle stick and repeat until you have a total of 7-9 tape-covered sticks.
4. Using two of the “stacks” created in steps 1-2, and two of the tape-covered stick from step 3, create a square. Make sure your “stacks” are on the bottom, on opposite sides of the square. Glue the sticks together in the corners.
5. On the underside of the square, Add the third “stack” going across the middle of the square as shown.
6. On the top side of the coaster, add the remaining tape-covered popsicle sticks, gluing in place as you go.
7. Apply a two coats of modge podge hard coat to the entire coaster and allow to dry thoroughly before using.