Snowy Yarn Trees
These soft little yarn trees will look perfect perched on the mantle above a crackling fire this winter, adding a sweet winter-ness to your decor without the mess of fake snow all over your house. The magnetic bottoms help to keep the trees in place throughout the holiday season but can be left off if you are placing them near electronics.
Things to do:
1. Trace the bottom of your foam cones onto the magnetic sheets and cut two circles for each finished tree.
2. Peel off one circle from each pair and smooth it onto the bottom of each cone.
3. Dab craft glue onto the top of the cone and down the sides about one inch.
4. Starting at the tip, begin winding yarn around the cone, lining up each row as closely as possible to the one before.
5. Continue to add glue in one-inch sections and winding the yarn down the sides of the tree. When you reach the bottom, secure the tail end with an extra dollop of glue to prevent fraying.
6. Peel the backing off of the remaining magnetic circles and apply to the surface you wish to decorate. Line the trees us with their corresponding magnetic circles.
7. These trees look especially cute in groups of three or four!