Hanging a flag on your house is, of course, a pretty traditional thing to do around Independence Day, or really any time of the year. And it’s a great look, especially if you have a graceful porch to hang it from. But if you don’t, or if you are looking for a slightly different look, this ribbon flag is just the thing.
Difficulty level: Moderate
Time required: 30 minutes
Things you’ll need:
A variety of ribbons in red, white an blue
2 foot length of 1/2 by 1/2 wood
Staple gun and staples
Things to do:
1. Lay the wood out of a hard work surface.
2. Starting with the thinner or more see-thru ribbons and spacing them out randomly along the length of the wood staple ribbons until you reach the 2/3 mark. Trim the ribbons at about the 4 foot length.
3. For the remainder of the piece of wood staple blue only pieces of ribbon until you reach the end. Trim these blue ribbons to about 1 1/2 length foot.
4. Add a second layer of ribbon to the back of the first, filling in until you have solid coverage. These should be trimmed at the 4-foot length.
5. Flip the flag” over and trim the ribbons to be more or less evenly along the bottom edge and also trim the blue section evenly to create a stars section.
6. Hang the flag on a flat wall surface.