Upcycling: Pillared Jar Storage
I have lots of craft supplies floating around my workroom and, because I like things to look nice as well as do their job, I try to be thoughtful in what kind of storage I use for these supplies. I’m a sucker for a pretty box, jar or bin, so these pillared jars are right up my alley and are just the thing for small storage such as beads and buttons.
Things you’ll need:
Glass jars with metal lids
Hot glue gun
Things to do:
1. Cover your work surface with newspaper and make sure the area is well ventilated.
2. Remove all labels from the jars and set the lids and the candlesticks on the paper.
3. Coat each piece in several thin, even layers of paint. You’ll need several coats to achieve a good coverage.
4. Once dry, run a thick bead of hot glue around the top of the candlestick and center the bottom of the jar over the glue. Press them together firmly until the glue had set.
5. Fill each jar and add the matching lid.