Message in an Egg
Imagine the surprise on Easter morning when a few hollow eggs are hidden amongst the hardboiled variety, and just think how much more surprised they’ll be when they try to crack one of these hollow eggs open and find a mysterious message inside? Pure magic. And very, very simple.
Things you’ll need:
Eggs (pretty speckled or blue ones are best!)
Large embroidery needle
Thin paper strips and pen
Things to do:
1. Carefully create a hole in each end of the egg by gently pressing and twisting the point of the needle into the egg. Enlarge one of the holes (on the bottom of the egg) until it’s about 1/8 inch in diameter.
2. Insert the skewer and scramble the egg inside a little. This will help the egg come out more easily.
3. Over a bowl blow into the smaller hole to force the yolk and white out of the shell.
4. Rinse the inside of the egg well and allow it to dry.
5. Write messages on the strips of paper and tightly roll them into a tube (use the needle if you need to)
6. Slip the message into the larger hole of the egg, once the entire piece of paper is inside, shake the egg slightly to help the paper unfurl.