Learn to Make Hair Bows – Flower Loop Hair Bow
Want to dress up your little girlâ€™s tresses without spending a fortune? These simple to make Loopy Hair Bows are as thrifty as they are snazzy. Youâ€™ll want to whip up a matching one for every outfit in her wardrobe.
Things to do:
1. Decide how many layers youâ€™d like your hair bow to be, and choose coordinating ribbon for each layer.
2. Cut the ribbon youâ€™ll need for each layer. For a 2-layer bow youâ€™ll need three 7â€ť long pieces for the bottom layer, and three 6â€ť long pieces for the top layer. (Tip: You can make this bow with as many layers as you like; simply decrease the ribbon length by 1â€ť for each layer you add.)
3. Working with one layer at a time, stack 3 ribbons on top of one another, and then find the middle. Push your threaded needle through the middle of the stack, and then through the ribbon ends to form loops. Add a few more stitches through the center to reinforce.
4. Repeat step 3 for each layer. Now, stack the layers from largest to smallest and sew middles together.
5. Put a dab of glue on the underside of the bow and affix to barrette or hair clip, using the clothespin to hold in place until the glue dries.
6. Use glue to affix a button or charm to the center of the bow.
Here are a few fun Loopy Bow ideas:
Elegant Bow: For a bow thatâ€™s worthy of the frothiest of dresses, use lace trims and rhinestone embellishments.
School Spirit Bow: To get her ready for the big game, make a bow using her schoolâ€™s colors, embellishing with a sports charm.
Halloween Bow: For this not-so-scary bow, orange and black is where itâ€™s at! Complete the look with a Halloween button.
Enjoy creating these one-of-a-kind hair masterpieces for the special little girl in your life!