As kids get older, sappy valentines become, well, embarrassing! So it’s always a challenge to come up with embarrassment free valentines for older kids to give to their friends. These bookmarks are perfect! Fun to make, any book lover will adore them! Light weight scrapbook or origami paper works best here so that you can get nice, crisp folds.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 5 minutes
Things to do:
1. Cut a square of origami paper in half. Set aside one half.
2. Fold your rectangle in half, longways with a nice, crisp crease.
3. Fold this in half shortways, again, crisp crease.
4. Open up this last fold and fold the two ends up to form the point of the heart at the halfway point.
5. Flip the paper over and fold down the ends crisply.
6. Crease and fold in the corners of each end to form the curves of the heart.
7. Flip back over and slip the pocket formed in the back onto the corner of a book.