This faux envelope is a great way to organize your valentines or keep them on display. Your kids will love taking them to class on Valentines Day and passing out notes to all of their friends.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 20 minutes
Age range: 12 and up
Things to do:
1. The first step in making your envelope is folding the top two corners down, so they meet in the center. Secure this fold with hot glue.
2. Next, it’s time to add the button and closure. Start by using your needle and embroidery floss to create a small loop at the bottom center of your envelope.
3. Use embroidery floss to attach a button to the top center of the “V” on the side that will be facing out.
4. Now you get to decorate your envelope! Start by cutting a felt square to use as a stamp. Use hot glue to attach it to the front corner and add a foam heart sticker to the center.
5. To create an “address label,” cut a rectangle out of felt and use embroidery floss to add initials. Use hot glue to attach it.
6. Add embroidery details around the edges of your envelope.