Felt Bird Ornaments
These folksy little birds have a lot going for them. For one thing they are great kids projects. If your little one isn’t quite up to some basic stitches, they can also put these together with craft glue. They are also simple and sweet, use up leftover scraps that might otherwise get tossed and they are just so darn cute!
Things you need:
Felt Squares in all colors
Scarp Scissors (for the supervising adult)
Small buttons, any color
1/2 inch wide ribbon
Embroidery thread (any color) and needle or
Things to do:
1. Cut two bodies per bird out of your larger felt scraps using the template as a guide.
2. Cut a layer 1 and layer 2 wing piece our of two different color felt scraps.
3. Cut one beak out of your most orangish felt (or whatever color you want really!)
4. On ONE of the bird bodies, stitch the eye in place and then layer the wings and stitch them into place using a running stitch.
5. Layer the two bird bodies together, sandwiching a length of ribbon and the beak into place, and stitch around the edge of the bird, leaving about 1/4 inch seam allowance, using a running stitch.
6. Repeat, because you’ll need several of these cuties!