Upcycle: Faux Birch Log Container
I love the look of birch trees. There’s something simple and clean about them that I can’t get enough of. This simple craft turns a used coffee can into a faux birch log container to bring the look of the trees indoors and creates a beautiful container.
Things to do:
1. Soak your bark in warm water to remove any dirt and to soften the bark a little.
2. Cut your bark into large strips that are slightly wider than your can is tall.
3. Spray the exterior of your can with a generous coat of adhesive.
4. Using a rolling motion, roll on the strips of bark, adding a little more adhesive to the inside of the bark where it overlaps. Once you have covered the entire can, secure the bark with rubber bands until the glue sets.
5. Trim the excess bark off with scissors.