Every year when the weather turns cool, I start thinking up ways to make the house feel cozy. Up go the heavier curtains, the couch gets draped with a fuzzy wool blanket instead of a light cotton one, and the throw pillows often get a fall makeover with soft fabrics and earth tones. This year I decided to take this fall switchover a little more literally and went digging in my scrap bag for some fall leaf colored fabrics for this pillow. That way, even when the huge cheery tree in our front yard is bare, I’ll still have some bright and beautiful fall leaves to warm up my days.
Things to do:
1. Cut a piece of freezer paper to 8-1/2″ x 11″ and print the Tree template (plastic side down) onto it. Carefully cut the image out.
2. Center the template on your pillowcase and iron on using a dry iron.
3. Sponge on the paint, paying careful attention to the edges. Allow the paint to dry.
4. Peel the template off and heat set according to the directions on the paint.
5. Iron the webbing onto your fabric scraps. Cut out 15+ leaves from your fabric scraps. Place around the ends of the tree limbs and iron into place.
6. Stitch down the center of each leaf, from tip to tip with coordinating thread.
7. Slip the pillowcase onto a pillow and fluff. Instant fall decor!