These cheerful fabric bowls are endlessly customizable and incredibly useful. Make a small one to catch your keys at the door, a larger one for jewelry and an in-between bowl that’s just the right size to corral your yarn while knitting. Perfect as gifts, these are simple enough for the kids to lend a hand as well.
Things to do:
1. Cover your bowl entirely with plastic wrap. You’ll use this as a mold so be sure it’s well covered.
2. Pour the Mod Podge into the container and thin slightly with water.
3. Flip the bowl upside down. Paint a two-inch wide strip from edge to edge on the bowl and lay a strip of fabric, print side DOWN. Continue to add strips of this pattern, print down, until the bowl is covered.
4. Paint another section of the bowl, over the first layer of fabric, as before, this time adding strips of the second pattern of fabric print side UP. Continue until the second layer entirely covers the first.
5. Allow the bowl to dry overnight.
6. Once dry, remove the bowl from the mold and peel the plastic wrap away.
7. Trim the edge of the bowl to the height you want. Add a bead of glue to the outer edge and press the bias tape around the bowl, trimming the excess.
8. Once dry, fold the bias tape over and glue along the inside edge. Allow the glue to dry before using.