We love hairclips around here. They are used every day and often changed through out the day to suit a new outfit. So I’m always experimenting with new ones. This is the current favorite, and who can argue with that. How can you not love a happy little elephant? Right?
Things to do:
1. Fold the end of the ribbon under twice and glue. Dab a small amount of glue on the backside of the fold and attach to one end of the clip.
2. Make a small fold just under the end of the ribbon and glue, creating a slant in the ribbon. Repeat one more time.
3. Repeat these three folds on the other side of the clip to create an ached piece of ribbon.
4. Cut a 3 1/2 inch long section of ribbon and double fold and glue one end. Make a small hem on the other end and glue that in place as well. About 1 inch down from the larger fold, run a bead of glue along the edge of the ribbon to the other end and press together. This creates the trunk.
5. Attach the trunk to the center of the clip using glue.
6. Layer a small black button over a white one and glue in place to form an eye. Repeat with the other buttons. Glue the eyes in place.