Tuck some treats into this easy-to-make felt envelope, or use for special notes that you can tuck into a lunchbox or backpack.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Trace the felt envelope template onto your felt, and cut out.
2. Pin together as shown. Thread your needle and knot one end.
3. Using a running stitch, stitch down the overlapped section as shown.
4. Fold one end up and stitch in place, being careful not to stitch through the front of the envelope.
5. Stitch a button in the center top, as shown. To check placement, fold the top down to see where you’ll want this button to go.
6. Stitch the other button to the top as shown. Leave the embroidery floss long, so that it can be wrapped around the lower button to close it shut. If desired, warm up your hot glue gun and glue hearts and other decorations in place to embellish your felt envelope.