Mason jar gift containers are a super cute way to package a present. As Christmas time is approaching, we thought it would be a fun idea to customize the lids to add an extra-special holiday touch. Everyone is sure to love these adorable jars that can be reused after they’re given. Fill them with cookies or peppermint candy sticks for a festive and fun way to show someone just how much you care.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 15 Minutes
Age range: 10 and Up
Things to do:
1. Place cupcake liner under the lid and screw it into place, creating a cute ruffle detail.
Christmas Card Lid
1. Trace the shape of the lid onto an old Christmas card and cut it out.
2. Glue the circle you just cut out onto the jar lid and allow it to dry.
3. Screw the lid into place.
Custom Gift Tag Lid
1. Trace the shape of the lid onto a piece of cardstock and cut it out.
2. Cut a small heart shape out of the felt. Ours measured roughly 1’x1′.
3. Position the felt heart on the green circle. Place it in the upper right corner and tack it on with the embroidery floss and needle.
4. Stitch the words To” and From” onto the center of the piece of cardstock.
5. Use craft glue to secure the cardstock circle onto the jar lid, screw it into place and enjoy your handiwork!