DIY Yarn Tassels
Tassels are an excellent addition to all sorts of projects. Sew them into the corners of pillows, top gifts, frill up a lamp, or add one to a sweet little triangle soft weight! Once you have the technique down, you’ll be whipping them out with all of your leftover yarn!
Things you’ll need:
Things to do:
1. Cut a piece of cardboard ½ inch longer than the finished tassle you are after.
2. Starting at one end of the cardboard, wrap yarn from end to end. The more you wrap the thicker the tassel will be.
3. Once you have enough yarn on the cardboard, trim at the same end that you started from. Cut two lengths of yarn, each about 5 inches long. Thread one through the opposite end of the yarn as the tails and tie into a loose bow.
4. Slip the yarn off of the cardboard.
5. Using the second piece of yarn, wrap around the yarn loops about ½ – ¾ of an inch down from the bow. Tie as tightly as you can. Cut open the loops at the bottom of the tassel and trim the ends, including those from the tie off pieces, to an even length.
6. Undo the bow and pull firmly at the top of the tassel, tie tightly at the very top. Trim the top piece to the length you will need.