DIY Glitter Keys
To get into my building, and then into my apartment, I need three keys. Which look absolutely identical. Which means that it tends to take a couple of tries to get the right key, especially after a long day. Adding a little sparkle to my keys helps keep them apart and, as a bonus, makes something everyday a little more exciting.
Things to do:
1. On a covered work surface, coat the shank of the key with a generous coat of glue.
2. Sprinkle a thick layer of glitter onto the glue, patting slightly to make sure it sinks in well.
3. Press the pencil through the hole to make sure it’s totally clear of all glitter and glue.
4. Allow the glue to set up completely before repeating with the other side.
5. Once both sides are dry coat them with clear nail polish to protect the glitter from abuse in your bag. Allow the nail polish to dry overnight before reattaching to the key chain.