Hippity, hoppity, Easter’s on its way! She’ll be so hoppy to try this adorable bunny ears headband, and using spring-like colored towel is the perfect fabric for this sewing project. You’ll need beginner-level skills on a sewing machine to sew this.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 10+
Things to do:
1. Cut three strips of the towel at 2″ x 16″ each.
2. Fold one of the strips in half and pin along the long side and one short side.
3. Stitch along the long side and one short side leaving one side open. Warm up your hot glue gun.
4. Clip the corners on the sewn side and turn right side out.
5. Slip this onto the headband. Trim the open end as needed, fold the ends inside, and glue closed. If desired, you may sew the ends closed by hand, rather than glueing.
6. Place the other two pieces right-sides together. Pin both long ends, but make sure to mark a 2-inch area that you’ll leave open and unsewn.
7. Trim both short ends as shown, and pin together. Sew around all edges, making sure to leave the 2-inch section unsewn.
8. Twist your pipe cleaners together and curl the ends as shown, making sure this “structure” is a little shorter than the length of the segment you sewed in Step 7.
9. Turn the stitched segment right side out, and slip the pipe cleaner structure inside. Turn the open ends toward the inside and glue or stitch closed by hand.
10. Twist this section onto the top of the headband, as shown.
11. Bend one of the ears down to make it look floppy.